Chris Perkins: President of Coin Fund
In this episode, Kevin chats with President of Coin Fund Chris Perkins to talk about his journey into finance, the recent Tornado cash debacle and the Importance of dialogue between regulators and builders.
Who is Chris Perkins:
Chris Perkins is the Managing Partner and President of Coinfund. Prior to joining Coinfund, Chris served as Global Co-Head of Futures, Clearing and Foreign Exchange Prime Brokerage (FXPB) businesses at Citi. Prior to joining Citi in 2008, Chris served as the U.S. Head of Derivatives Intermediation at Lehman Brothers managing a portfolio of over $100 billion in notional across credit and interest rate derivatives. An Iraq war veteran, Chris served in the U.S. Marine Corps for nine years achieving the rank of Captain.
What we Cover in This Episode:
- Transfering from the Marine Corp to the financial world.
- What pulled Chris to the Web3.0 space?
- Why Coinfund?
- How does Coinfund decide what is an investable project?
- Recent OFAC action against Tornado Cash and the importance of security
- What needs to happen for institutional adoption of crypto?
- Chris’ advice to new Web3.0 builders
- What needs to be done for mainstream adoption?
- Has there been a change of sentiment in traditional investors in terms of crypto?
Ways to Connect with Chris and Coinfund
Ways to connect with Cryptopulse
Ways to connect with Kevin and Ben
Thanks for listening and don’t forget to subscribe so you can be notified when we release a new episode.
Downloaded & listened to in over 100 countries. Cryptopulse is here to guide you through the crypto universe with thought-provoking topics, in-depth knowledge & information to help you make informed decisions.